Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Fun With the Preposition or Prefix "In"

Social media has been receiving some bad publicity these days, much of it centering on censorship. Although I strongly believe in the First Amendment, I am torn when it comes to these censorship complaints. For me, social media used to be an entertaining, often enlightening, pastime. However, I have received or accidently viewed on other people's computer screens, posts that are so disgusting I would ban them myself if I had the technical skill to do so.

Thankfully, users still share beautiful pictures, funny (without being politically, racially, or scatalogically-themed) cartoons, and words of wisdom. Occasionally, I come across a post that I respect so much I absolutely have to share it. The one below is a great example of the English language's unlimited potential for meaning. It arrived with no acknowledgement for the clever person who wrote it. Oh, that I were so clever!

                                                            A Writer's Travels

I have been many places in my life, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone.  You have to be in Cahoots with someone. 

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. 

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends and family. I live close, so it's a short drive. 

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore. 

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go; I try not to visit there too often. 

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I'm starting to go there more often as I'm getting older. 

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get! 

And, sometimes I think I am in Vincible, but life shows me I am not. 

People keep telling me I'm in Denial, but I'm positive I've never been there before.



I, Ginger Dehlinger, have been in Denial as well as Denio. (Denio, Nevada, a flyspeck on the map located at the Nevada/Oregon border) Does anyone know of a town named Cahoots, Suspense or Doubt? Please tell me where to find them if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment