Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Second Time Around

When I opened the last of the original eleven cartons of Brute Heart stacked in my garage, I began planning for a second printing. No way was I going to print another 500 copies--more like 50 based on how many books I've sold since August of 2010.

So I called my printer, and after learning his minimum print run was 100 books, I contacted Create Space, the self-publishing arm of Amazon. Two people in my Sojourner's writing group used Create Space, and they were pleased with the results as well as the customer service.

I'm just beginning the process, and so far the directions are simple enough for all but a severely technologically challenged writer. And . . . I get to talk to real people who know what they're talking about. And . . . when everything has been switched over from my printer to Create Space, I can order as many or as few copies of my novel as I want. Anyone can. At that point, Brute Heart will be available on Amazon as both an e-book and a print-on-demand soft cover book.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginger

    The lady at paulina books gave me your name. I am a local aspiring author with a thousand questions as to how to find my way in this literary agent/editor/publishing world. She said you might be able to help me with some ideas. I can be reached at corynjulie@gmail.com. I'll give you my phone number in an email versus here.

    Congratulations on getting your book published!

    Julie
    www.runninggalinsights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete