Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Hackneyed Expressions

Nothing makes me groan harder than finding a hackneyed expression in something I read, and I go to great lengths to avoid them when I write. I make an exception for dialog since people frequently use these sayings in conversation.

I do, however, enjoy learning about how these sayings developed. Below are explanations for the origins of some of these expressions. I received this as an email that included no information as to the source, so my apologies to the person who produced it.


origin of phrase on              photo

origin of phrase on              photo

origin of phrase on photo
origin of phrase on photo
origin of phrase on              photo
origin of phrase on              photo
origin of phrase on              photo
origin of phrase on photo
origin of phrase on              photo
origin of phrase on              photo

No comments:

Post a Comment