Search This Blog

Monday, August 7, 2017

Less Is Less These Days

I usually don't share Facebook posts in my blog, but this one caught my attention. I rearranged the original version and added several lines. The resulting "poem" captures my thoughts, using one simple suffix.

Feeling Hopeless

Over heat that's fireless
we cook food that is fatless
while cars that are keyless
ride on tires tubeless.

Today's work week is sweatless,
and hospitals are germless.
Highways may be bumpless
but all progress isn't harmless.

Wearing tank-tops sleeveless
using cell phones wireless
complain youth who are clueless
as to why they are jobless.

In a country godless,
relationships are meaningless
leading to babies fatherless
who become children mannerless.

Attitudes careless and
feelings heartless
produce education valueless
and leaders who are shameless.

We've forgotten fearless,
selfless, and guileless,
and with a government that's worthless
I'm left feeling hopeless.

1 comment: